Friday, August 8, 2008

My Conclusion about Life

As I reflect upon my own personal life I can see many, many examples of the Lord presence. I would like to close with a thought and that is: it is said in the scriptures that God has created worlds without number. (Moses 1:33) Now if Father has created worlds without number and the Saviors atonement served all of Gods' creations, then how cool is it that of all of Heavenly Fathers worlds, we live on the one that Jesus Christ lived his mortal life on?!

Now, remember!
It was violence that caused the Lord to flood the earth and immorality that caused the Lord to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah. And how lucky are we to have a lot of both in our days on the earth. All we have to do is look at the news for the view of mass violence and wars and see how the Internet has developed an infestation of filth available at your fingertips courtesy of one evil moron.
So, with this view point I can't help but feel special we are to be worthy to be here on the earth at this time.

Joseph Smith called our day, “The fullness of times.” Basically the final show before the Second Coming.

I laugh at the wisdom of men who think that this life at this time is so different than any other time period. The only thing different is technology. The behavior of people has never changed.
Before I go on I'd like to look at three verses in Doctrine and Covenants 1(vs. 7, 10, 13). This is cool because it is Jesus speaking:

“Wherefore, fear and tremble, O ye people,
for what I the Lord have decreed in them shall be fulfilled.”

Basically to me the Lord is giving us a final warning that something is seriously going to hit the fan.

“Unto the day when the Lord shall come to recompense unto every man according to his work, and measure to every man according to the measure which he has measured to his fellow man.”

This states that is in your plans that you will meet with the Lord to look at your life and he will judge you as you have judged everyone else. WOW!

“And the anger of the Lord is kindled, and his sword is bathed in heaven, and it shall fall upon the inhabitants of the earth.”

All I can say is look at the world in Noah's time, look at Sodom and Gomorrah and then look at our world. If God is the same yesterday, today and forever then you know what His reaction is to our current world’s behavior. He’s ticked off which leads to some very unpleasant conclusions!

In my life I must have joined about 10-12 different churches. All basically the same, the Bible is the only book on the earth that contains the teachings of our Lord. And God keeps his distant so He can be worshiped on the Sabbath, but not interfere with the affairs of men thus behavior may be justified.
But that is not how God wanted it. He does interfere with the affairs of His children because He loves you, and wants to see you again.
I look at my life as a volunteered venture, here to be tested to see if I'll do what the Lord asks of me. How do you see your life?

No comments: